There are several ways to install ATI Mobility Radeon X600SE and X700 on windows 7. Here i will show how to install it using Microsoft update catalog. (you can also skip this manual step by turn on your windows automatic updates and install the available updates from Microsoft updates).
STEP 1 : Drivers Download
1. Open http://catalog.update.microsoft.com Using Internet Explorer. Other browser will not work.
2. Type X600 or X700 on the search box, you will get results, select the drivers to download by click add and then proceed by clicking view basket.
3. After click view basket, you need to select the download the location. For this tutorial I select desktop. then click continue to start download.
4.Wait until the download finish.
5. Open the folder we download and extract the driver file using Winrar (or archieve compress software). I download all 3 drivers available for windows 7 and i get 2 folder. The reason is we don;t know which contain 32-bit drivers and which contain 64-bit driver. After download you can see the file name. File with x64 means for 64-bit and x86 means for 32-bit.
STEP 2: DRIVER INSTALLATION
1. Open device manager by click start and on the search box type DEVMGMT.MSC
3. A device manager will open, right click on standard VGA and select update driver.
4. Select Browse my computer for driver Software.
5. Click Browse and point to the driver folder we extarct earlier. Remember to check include sub-folder. Select the folder base on your operating system (32 or 64-bit).
6. Continue with on-screen installation by lcik next and wait until the installation finish and then reboot.
If you have problems and suggestion do let me know.