1. First, download Nvidia drivers version 71.89 from Nvidia website:
Download Link : http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html
2. Then install the driver, it will resulting in error just ignore that error. The installation is just to extract the driver's file into C:\NVIDIA\Win2KXP\71.89 which we will use for the installation process.
3. Now open device manager by click start and type DEVMGMT.MSC and press enter.
4. Look for Display Adapter, expand it by clicking the arrow and you will see your graphic listed as standard VGA (the standard VGA is the default graphics drivers installed, the name may varies depends on your current driver status).
Right click on it and select update driver
5. After that Update Driver Software,Select base on this order:
-Browse My computer for Drivers Software . (picture)
-Select let me pick from a device from my computer. (picture)
-Select Have Disk and then Select Browse
6. After click on "Browse" point to C:\NVIDIA\Win2KXP\71.89 and select nv4_disp.inf.
7. Continue with on screen instruction until installation finish and reboot.
This installation Support the following Graphics Devices:
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
NVIDIA Quadro2 MXR/EX
NVIDIA GeForce2 Integrated GPU
NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce2 Ti
NVIDIA GeForce2 Ultra
NVIDIA Quadro2 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440-SE
NVIDIA Quadro4 550 XGL
NVIDIA Quadro NVS
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
The list is very long, so you can check all supported devices on the inf file.
Is there any other drivers I can use?
Yes, basically you can try with your original Windows XP Drivers or Other version released by Nvidia. This drivers I posted here is the most stable driver version I found so far. In some cases the original windows XP drivers provided by your PC manufacturer is better than this version. If you have problem after using this drivers like frequent shut down or unable to play games, just try with different version, it is recommended to look for version 81.XX and below (older).
How do I enable AERO?
Note that Geforce 2 is a legacy and XPDM drivers, there is no WDDM drivers for legacy Card. XPDM means the drivers unable to support AERO physically and just provide basic display like Windows XP. So to get AERO just download true transparency software (just google it) and you will get that glass look.